Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Sep 10 09:08:54 IST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, John Rudd wrote:

> We keep a sharp eye on the behavior of hosts around our network, to ensure
> that we don't end up with zombies here.  When we detect one, we deal with it
> quickly.  We haven't a zombie attack here in quite a while, and the spamcop
> listings have happened rather recently.

Just because you dont see it doesnt mean anything, I have overlooked 200K
plus users network, and i will refuse to say i knew all the wrong doings,
even the odd persons laptop that pops up on a network for an hour a week,
which is all it takes, i would never know unless they sent out thousands.

> We also take other precautions to keep it from happening.

This is good, but still no iron clad guarantee

> Last, we know our users aren't doing it directly because they're not out

for the rest of the comments see my previous post to save me duplciating
on my day off :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd