Question about upgrading (possible enhancement)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat Sep 9 00:02:47 IST 2006

Dennis Willson spake the following on 9/8/2006 12:05 PM:
> I have avoided doing an upgrade on top of an old version of MailScanner.
> I usually build an entirely new server with the new version and then
> swap the servers.
> I have a question about doing upgrades... Are the old configuration file
> values "imported" into the new MailScanner configuration files? If so is
> there a way to run what ever program that does that seperately?
>
> Having to go through the old and the new config files by hand and get
> all the setting changes I use is a bit of a pain.
>
> If there is isn't such a tool, I think it would be a good feature to add
> in the future.
I think that might be a little extreme. It would be like buying a new car
before you change the oil on the old one. There are many ways to copy the old
version of mailscanner to a different place and then upgrade to the new one.
Then you only have to rename some directories and restart.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and