Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 8 23:37:27 IST 2006

Rob Morin spake the following on 9/8/2006 10:59 AM:
> Well the default in my config was already set at 10 i lowered it to 8...
> i will now lower it to 4...
>
> Thanks for all your replies.... But is there any RBL worth paying for or
> worth using then?

It will always depend on your message base. I can use sbl-xbl at the MTA, but
many others here cannot. It is very depentant on where your mail that you want
to keep comes from. If you don't get mail from dynamic addresses, you can
block those. You can usually block from the dial-up lists, but very few
spammers are using dial-up. Spamassassin is the best bet, but anything that
you "know" you can dump at the MTA is that much less load. And i you use the
equivalent of delay_checks in sendmail, you can whitelist any needed servers
in the access file.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and