Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Sep 8 17:44:39 IST 2006

John Clancy wrote:
> <snip>
>> I still do not believe that a common users opinion should be the sole
>> determination of what is SPAM and what is not. I get several hundred
>> AOL SPAM reports I must manually unsubscribe from maillists each month
>> because they sign up to gain access to a website and then don't want
>> the mail. SPAM has become "mail I don't want".
>>
>> DAve
>
> SPAM has always been "mail I don't want" its just that not all "mail I
> don't want" happens to be SPAM :-)
>
> JC

True, it depends on your perspective. What I call SPAM as a sysadmin is
different that what my paying clients call SPAM. Stopping SPAM is
becoming a vicious juggling act for ISPs like us with mixed clients.

When I am told "You need to work on the SPAM filtering, client
complaints are increasing", I hear "Descend into the depths of hell and
bring me Satan's head".

DAve

Veterans?