Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Fri Sep 8 16:39:04 IST 2006

John Rudd wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2006, at 4:58 AM, Res wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Rob Morin wrote:
>>
>>> I checked the IP and it was not listed. Is it possible to be listed
>>> at 7AM and then removed at 10AM? Plus its a gmail.com account/IP
>>
>> Yes, spamcop have a time based entry system
>>
>> if its that IP's first entry its delisted after 2 hours, then if your
>> in it again its longer, and so on, each time gets longer, its a very
>> fair process.
>
> It would be a fair process if their criteria were reasonable and accurate.
>
> Since their criteria are neither, the process is anything but fair.

I don't know if their criteria is fair or not, they never tell me their
criteria. I know that if a spamcop subscriber turns in a message as spam
from my server, and they list me, and the message body looks something like,

"Hi grandson,

I hope I got your email address right, your handwriting is hard to read
with my cataracts. Grandpa passed this morning, your Mom will call you
when you get out of class. I hate to make you miss finals so please
don't come to the funeral. Grandpa would understand.

Love Grandma"

Then there is a problem with their criteria for certain.

I still do not believe that a common users opinion should be the sole
determination of what is SPAM and what is not. I get several hundred AOL
SPAM reports I must manually unsubscribe from maillists each month
because they sign up to gain access to a website and then don't want the
mail. SPAM has become "mail I don't want".

DAve

Veterans?