Question With the Mcafee autoupdater

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:44:25 IST 2006

On 07/09/06, Phil Udel <Phil.Udel at salemcorp.com> wrote:
> For some reason my Mcafee autoupdater does not complete.
> I can run it standalone.  See Below.   But when mailscanner runs
> I get the following messages:
> Sep  7 15:02:46 mail update.virus.scanners: Found mcafee installed
> Sep  7 15:02:46 mail update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for mcafee
> But it never updates.

(snip)
McAfee have notoriously shaky update servers. Might be that you just
hit an "unupdated" mirror. This (or similar) things happen from time
to time both with their http and ftp mirrors. Very irritating. I've
put a blurb or two about it in the wiki... I've been trying to use the
speedownload address for a while, which seemed to be better... you can
try http://speedownload.nai.com/products/datfiles/4.x/nai ...

Anyway, it might be that, or something entirely unrelated:-).

--
-- Glenn