Tarball install on Debian machine

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Thu Sep 7 17:32:10 IST 2006

	Just a follow-up on this - the install when like a dream following these
instructions:

http://www.mailscanner.info/other.html

	JULIAN: WOW, the install script is super slick - GREAT info in there.
	Really excellent job. Let's give 'em a raise, folks!
	The only minor hitch came with some perl modules, but anyone with even
passing familiarity with CPAN commands (that's me) can negotiate that.
	I am starting to believe that a Debian base install with MailScanner
and SpamAssassin (ClamAV installed with .deb package) installed from tar gives
you the best of both worlds: Debian stability with the latest updates from
MailScannerworld.
	I'll post back when I upgrade with any notes, but I'm very bullish on
the concept right now!

P.S. Again, MANY thanks to all who offered help with my troubled .deb package
install last week. Haven't a clue what was going wrong, but that's the advantage
of starting over: now I don't care. =8^)

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road