Question

Greg Borders gborders at jlewiscooper.com
Tue Sep 5 20:12:21 IST 2006

Logan Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Rob Poe wrote:
>> Is there a way to start MailScanner so that it processes any messages
>> in it's queue, but does not accept new incoming messages?
>
> Well, it's a queue that sendmail and MailScanner share (sendmail
> is the producer, MailScanner is the consumer), so it's not
> really MailScanner that controls whether messages are accepted.
>
> You could kill the incoming sendmail, but I don't recommend it.

Usage: service MailScanner
{start|stop|status|restart|reload|startin|startout|stopms}

Couldn't you issue

service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner startout

And thus have MS process any messages in queue, and not accept any new
messages.

We must keep in mind, MailScanner is the puppet master, and the MTA,
virus scanners and SA are all puppets!

Greg. Borders
Sys. Admin.
JLC Co.

--
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the

believed to be clean.