Forbidden to browse http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4 - why?

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Tue Sep 5 16:57:36 IST 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Res wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, sandrews at andrewscompanies.com wrote:

>> Most people don't allow file browse in webfolders.  I think it's time to
>> take your tinfoil hat off.

> a webfolder... must be a micro$oft thing :P
>
> perl -pi -e "s/webfolder/directory (use its real name not M\$ slang)/g;" *

Nah, it's not Microsoft slang, because it makes logical sense.
If it were Microsoft slang, it would use terminology in a
way that muddies the issue and make everyone more confused
than before.  Maybe something which shows that Microsoft
has conflated two concepts that should be separate.  So it
wouldn't be "web folder".  It'd be something like "internet
folder" instead.

   - Logan