Anyone using zen.spamhaus.org?

Drew Marshall drew at themarshalls.co.uk
Sun Sep 3 15:20:12 IST 2006

On Sun, September 3, 2006 13:08, BG Mahesh wrote:
> hi
>
> In spam.lists.conf I see,
>
> spamhaus.org                    sbl.spamhaus.org.
> spamhaus-XBL                    xbl.spamhaus.org.
> SBL+XBL                         sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.
>
> http://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ says it is better to use zen.spamhaus.org
> Should we delete the above 3 lines and replace it with
>
> ZEN            zen.spamhaus.org
>
> and make the appropriate changes in MailScanner.conf?

Personally, I agree and use zen already at SMTP stage however there are
some considerations:

Should people be encouraged to use the MailScanner spam lists as most seem
to agree the conservative lists are better used at SMTP stage and the more
aggressive lists in SA for scoring (Or even all in SA)?

It removes freedom of choice as the zen list a combination of the others
so it could be that people want to only use sbl and not the others.

Having said that, I think it would be worth adding zen to the list and
either including a url with details of what each list is/ does or similar
comment.

My 2/100 of your local currency.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous