Whitebox Linux install

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Sep 1 20:43:10 IST 2006

Phil Udel spake the following on 9/1/2006 12:13 PM:
> Hi.
> I have been playing around with Whitebox 4.0 and thought I would use it
> instead of RedHat 4.0 for my new mailserver. I tried the rpm install but it
> can't find redhat/src.  whitebox changed the names to whitebox. lol
> Has anyone here used Whitebox with a rpm install?

I was playing with Whitebox for a while, but I have found more and more people
to be moving to CentOS. No offense to John Morris, but I don't think he really
envisioned Whitebox as a distro for the masses, and he updates it when he has
the time. And he seems to still be busy after hurricane Katrina hit not too
far south of him.
 That leaves you with a system that might be somewhat behind on security updates.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and