Need to reject null characters

Douglas Ward dward at nccumc.org
Tue Oct 31 13:07:32 GMT 2006

The RFC's do specify accepting null characters during the smtp
transaction.  The problem is that they do not specify it during an
imap transaction. Hence when one is received by postfix that user's
squirrelmail client no longer displays their mailbox.  I have to hunt
through their inbox to find the message (always spam) and delete it
manually.  Maybe a plugin to MailScanner that strips the null fields
and lets the message through?