SPF Scans on outgoing mail

Josh Dayberry lists at thematthewsgroup.com
Mon Oct 30 22:35:59 GMT 2006

For someone reason when someone send an e-mail (including myself) with smtp
auth, the e-mail is scanned, then sent to the recipient, the SPF tests will
fail on my server's copy of mailscanner because the e-mail appears to be
from the users computer not the server, but after the e-mail has been
delivered to another server, it no longer appears as being sent from only
the users computer so the SPF tests pass.

The SPF tests are my primary concern because they are the greatest source of
false positives, but ultimately I would rather just not scan e-mails sent
from users who as authenticated.

Thanks again,
Josh Dayberry