F-Prot integration into mailscanner

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Mon Oct 30 21:22:11 GMT 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Sven De Troch wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:57:27 +0100
> From: Sven De Troch <sven at sitehosting.be>
> To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
> Subject: Re: F-Prot integration into mailscanner

> I do have a postmaster alias, redirected to root, BUT I'm using that
> machine as a relay to another mailserver (smarthost). It seems that the
> system is not accepting this (since redirecting postmaster to /dev/null
> (as a test, I know it's not RFC compliant) is working fine.
>
> Can someone tell me how to instruct sendmail that it has to deliver
> postmaster (or root) mail locally, while having all other mail delivered
> to the smarthost?

Provided that your machine has its hostname listed in
/etc/mail/local-host-names then local mail should be delivered locally.
Note that you have to restart sendmail to read the contents of this file.
Verify that any references are to "postmaster" or "postmaster at hostname",
where "hostname" is the name of the machine itself, and not to
postmaster at someotherdomain.

If this still doesn't sort it then you would need to provide more details,
eg hostnames involved, how you are routing to your smarthost (eg using the
SMART_HOST setting in sendmail.mc or using mailertable).

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service