two messages repeatedly processed

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Oct 30 20:00:56 GMT 2006

David Vosburgh spake the following on 10/30/2006 10:35 AM:
> I have three inbound mail servers with equal weighted MX values, all
> running MS/SA/DCC/Razor/RDJ/milter-greylist/ImageInfo on CentOS 4.4
> using sendmail 8.13.  The last of these three servers was upgraded about
> 30 days ago, and all have been running great since then.  After getting
> in this morning (but prior to coffee), I checked out the Vispan web page
> on each server and noticed that one server had stats much different than
> the others.  To make a long story shorter, there were two messages in
> mqueue.in that appear to have been processed 1651 and 548 times (but not
> delivered) during a three hour stretch until I moved them out of the
> inbound queue.  Here's what was showing up in the maillog for one of the
> messages:

Are there any thing common to these messages? TNEF? Mimetype? Encoding?
Are they overly large than average?
I have seen this in messages that failed the TNEF decoder in the past, but any
process that chokes on them could be leaving them un-processed.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and