MS 4.55.9 not detecting Mail::ClamAV

TCIS List Acct listacct at tulsaconnect.com
Fri Oct 27 17:08:58 IST 2006

Hi,

We're running MS 4.55.9 on FreeBSD 6.x/amd64 with ClamAV 0.88.5 installed from
ports.  I've installed p5-Mail-ClamAV from the packages collection (it won't
compile from ports for some reason -- tried on both x86 and amd64) and have set
MS to use the clamavmodule in MailScanner.conf.  However, when I start MS, it
can't seem to detect the ClamAV module:

Oct 27 11:01:28 mscan2 MailScanner[72622]: ClamAV Perl module not found, did you
install it?

yet it is installed and present in the Perl module database:

cpan[1]> install Mail::ClamAV
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
   Database was generated on Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:24:39 GMT
Mail::ClamAV is up to date (0.17).

I've tried just using clamav / clamscan but it can't keep up with our load
(400,000 messages a day per box processed)..

Any pointers?

Mike Bacher / listacct at tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services
http://www.tulsaconnect.com