Spam changes to the end instead of the beginning of the subject line.

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Fri Oct 27 16:43:19 IST 2006

We currently on all Spam messages add a unique identifier to the
beginning of the subject of all messages that are determined to be
normal
Scoring spam or high scoring Spam with MailScanner/SpamAssassin. - High
scoring is due to RBL failure and gets a slightly different unique ID to
help support staff quickly identify a Spam message that failed because
of analysis of a message Vs coming from a black-listed source.

Management has asked if we can continue to do the same but append the
unique ID at the end of the subject instead of the beginning.

I see in mailscanner.conf the directive:

Scanned Modify Subject = xxx

xxx can be "no", "start", or "end" for where the "scanned" text is to
go. (We have it set to NO because we DO not mark un-scanned messages)

The "Spam modify subject =" directive is set to yes.  Can we set the
"Spam modify subject =" directive to "end"?

And can we set the "High Scoring Spam Modify Subject=" to "end" also?

So the actual text for messages that are Spam or High Scoring Spam is
added at the end of the subject instead of the beginning?

The comments in the mailscanner.conf do not look like it is an option.
I was really hoping it is.

Thanks

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Pursuant to Regulations Governing Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service, any tax advice contained herein is not intended or written to be used and cannot be used by a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal restriction or sanction.  Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without making any copies.