Postfix Users (and Outlook users)

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:46:31 IST 2006

On 26/10/06, Ed Bruce <edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Daniel Maher wrote:
> > I cannot stress enough how much adding a recipient map to postfix has helped.  Right now, we poll our (Microsoft) Global Directory server once per hour, pull down the entire tree, sanitise the results (there are lots of non-RFC compliant addresses in there) and build a recipient map out of it.  This has been the /single greatest step/ we've taken to reduce the amount of spam our internal Exchange servers have to deal with: down from half a million per day to around 85,000.
> >

> What tool do you use to poll your Global Directory?

Can't really speak for Daniel, but I use a rather simplistic bash
script using ldapsearch and some more or less clever grep/sort/uniq
statements. The "tricky part" was getting the query right, but not
even close to rocket sience:-) (Would've used the perl script, if I
hadn't written this one already ...:-):-).

--
-- Glenn