OT : Disaster recovery?

Peter Russell pete at enitech.com.au
Thu Oct 26 00:38:23 IST 2006

Colocation Colocation wrote:
> So I've just spent the past 3 weeks setting up and tweaking my
> Mailscanner installation. I've done every possible tweak and gone
> through everything with a magnifying glass and it all looks great.
>
> So now my thoughts turn to backups. How best should i protect my
> investment? I cannot yet justify a second box for redundancy so if all
> goes wrong i will need to be able to quickly get my mail server back online.

Are you sure you cant afford redundancy? Sounds like that's what you
need when you say you want to get your mail server back online quickly.

Consider a redundant machine even its an old server or a PC (depending
on your demands) and then at least you can receive mail while you repair
your main machine if required. Even if the second one is only a backup MX...