bypass mailscanner for certain senders

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Wed Oct 25 14:37:04 IST 2006

I use the following (the IP's are just an example of how specific or
unspecific you can be - I personally only list the IP's at a /32 level
of my internal mail servers that relay through the servers - We already
have 2 levels of email virus scanning for inside going out so we do NOT
need MailScanner to do outgoing mail)

Change MailScanner.conf line:
Scan Messages = yes
to:
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

Example scan.messages.rules: (which is located in /etc/MailScanner/rules
in my case)