Inbox fles and possible bug

Miguel Koren OBrien de Lacy miguelk at konsultex.com.br
Wed Oct 25 01:22:13 IST 2006

I saw that dovecot.conf has fcntl enabled. My MailScanner has the default:

# How to lock spool files.
# Don't set this unless you *know* you need to.
# For sendmail, it defaults to "posix".
# For sendmail 8.12 and older, you will probably need to change it to flock,
# particularly on Linux systems.
# For Exim, it defaults to "posix".
# No other type is implemented.
Lock Type =

Can I put fcntl there? The comments seem to indicate that this is not so. Or should
I set dovecot *and* MailScanner to flock?

Miguel

--
Konsultex Informatica (http://www.konsultex.com.br)