bypass mailscanner for certain senders

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 24 23:20:11 IST 2006

Sukh Khehra spake the following on 10/24/2006 2:35 PM:
> Hi I was wondering if I can have mailscanner not do anything to the
> messages based on the originating IP address. For a given sender, I want
> it to simply grab the message from the MTA incoming queue ( in my case
> the postfix hold directory ) and place it in the MTA outgoing queue
> without performing any of the tests on it.
>
> The alternative solution would be to have postfix not put the message in
> the hold queue to begin with for certain senders. Anyone know how to do
> either one of these? I'd appreciate the help.
>
> Regards,
> Sukh

Look at this option;
# The purpose of this option is to set it to be a ruleset, so that you
# can skip all scanning of mail destined for some of your users/customers
# and still scan all the rest.
# A sample ruleset would look like this:
#   To:       bad.customer.com  no
#   From:     ignore.domain.com no
#   FromOrTo: default           yes
# That will scan all mail except mail to bad.customer.com and mail from
# ignore.domain.com. To set this up, put the 3 lines above into a file
# called /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.messages.rules and set the next line to
# Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset (as illustrated above).
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and