problem starting MailScanner: dual perl config on raq4

Pete Smith lists at kush-t.co.uk
Tue Oct 24 12:54:47 IST 2006

Hi all

I have a problem starting MailScanner on a raq4. The raq has all updates
installed.

I've gone down the route of installing perl5.8 in /usr/local/bin as the
original perl is still required in /usr/bin (raq admin interface breaks if
perl is updated).

I carefully followed the instructions at
http://www.qitc.net/support/mailscanner/

but when I get to staring MailScanner, it pukes with the following output:

MailScanner:       Can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-
linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-
linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/lib/MailScanner)
at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.

This looks like more of a perl issue than a MailScanner one. However, seeing
as this list is likely populated by people who have had this issue before, I
thought I'd ask here.

Anyone care to poke me gently in the right direction?

BTW, I've RTFM and STFW but can't find any answer that doesn't say "why are
you using a raq" or "use centos" or somesuch.

TIA

Pete Smith