RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED

Jim Coates jimc at laridian.com
Mon Oct 23 23:23:50 IST 2006

the public go to the ISP mail server, then you > don't need to use fetchmail
for that.  Just use iptables (or whatever the appropriate firewall is in
your case) to > reject connections on your final mx from everything accept
the ISP mx server, and have the ISP server deliver your mail to > you
"normally" (ie immediately, via smtp initiated by their
> side) instead of whatever you're doing with fetchmail.
>
> Of course, if your reason for using fetchmail is more esoteric than that,
this doesn't help you one bit and I apologize > for chiming in. :-)

> --
> Trever

Trever -

I'm using fetchmail because they people who run the backup mx server told me
that was they only way they allow me to grab mail from it.

Matt -

My primary MX box does indeed have a public IP address.

I am using an older version of SpamAssassin, which as you just indicated in
another email might be the problem.  I am on SpamAssassin version 3.0.2.

I will check out the DNS resolver issue and perhaps upgrade.

Is it any big deal to upgrade SpamAssassin when it is working with
MailScanner?

Thanks,
Jim