Spam Re: need help modifying shell script

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Mon Oct 23 22:38:16 IST 2006

Chris Yuzik wrote:
> René,
>
> I have spent a couple of hours tweaking and changing the
> MailScanner.rpmnew file to get it to do everything that the existing
> sendmail does with the hopes that I could get it to start a sendmail
> process that communicates with saslauth. No luck.

One thing to consider, the MailScanner.rpmnew was created because there was
already one startup file, perhaps the installation created other .rpmnew files
for other configuration or startup files and all of them have to be activated
for this thing to work... I'm thinking that saslauthd has some pending changes,
perhaps sendmail's configuration also.

> I think that perhaps I've been trying to solve this the wrong way.
> Perhaps all I need to do is to stop sendmail from pulling messages out
> of the queue and delivering the mail to user's mailboxes. Any idea on
> how to achieve this?

I don't quite understand what you mean... what does deliver have to do with
authentification? (i.e. you can change how the delivery is done but that will
not change your inability to send mail if saslauthd is not validating your
password).
--
René Berber