SA missing_subject done incorrectly

Richard Lynch rich at mail.wvnet.edu
Sat Oct 21 21:44:09 IST 2006

We're getting a lot of reports of people not getting expected messages.
Checking through the maillog I'm seeing a lot of messages being flagged
by SA with MISSING_SUBJECT.  However, further checking on some of them
reveals that they do have a subject.  This improper action results in
adding a score of 1.82 to the messages which causes the message to go
over the spam threshold.  We're running SA 3.1.7 from Julian's
install-Clam-SA package.  I just installed that last week and wonder if
that might be related.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I wanted to
check here first before taking it to the SA forums.

Thanks,
Richard Lynch