Too Much Details in Receipts and Rejections

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Sat Oct 21 10:23:03 IST 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Stephen Conway wrote:

> My problem is that for 'Request Server Receipt' option in Outlook, and for
> rejection and warning messages, if I have a user that aliases to a script, I
> get all the details of the script, ex as below:
>
> =================
> The original message was received at Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:18:49 -0400 from
> [IP]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had successful delivery notifications -----
> "|/bin/asmv user at domain.com"  (successfully delivered to mailbox)
>     (expanded from: <user at domain.com)
>
>    ----- Transcript of session follows ----- Name "main::login" used only
> once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 25.
> Name "main::cont_type" used only once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 23.
> Name "main::recfrm" used only once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 21.
> Name "main::found" used only once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 27.
> Name "main::dom" used only once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 26.
> Name "main::eml" used only once: possible typo at /bin/asend line 24.
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent
> directories: No such file or directory
> "|/bin/asmv user at domain.com"... Successfully delivered
> =================
>
> A similar respons is sent if you send to an alias list if a user doesn't
> exist in the list for example, Any way to tell Sendmail to suppress all this
> info?

This is not a sendmail issue.

You are running some perl script: /bin/asend

that is presumably being called by /bin/asmv

The script has problems that are being reported when it is run.  That is
what "perl -w" does - it makes rude remarks about a programme it doesn't
like.

Fix that script and the problems will go away.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service