Headers in Public Folder

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Fri Oct 20 18:41:44 IST 2006

Hello -

I'm trying to figure out what is happening with the spam I have in
Exchange 2003 public folders.

I've got quite a bit of spam in public folders, and when I right-click
on any of them, and select OPTIONS, it seems to show all the original
headers as normal, including the MailScanner headers, scoring, etc.

I've also have an IMAP account setup on my Outlook 2003 client. When I
copy/move these messages to my Spam folder on this IMAP account, them
look at the mbox file on the Fedora server it resides on, most of the
headers are gone.

Now in previous discussions I've read that Exchange PF removes the
headers, but here it sounds like IMAP is doing it, since the headers are
visible and look fine from the PF.

Is this going to affect sa-learn dramatically?

When I use spammassassin to run a test on the mbox messages, the SA
score is dramatically different obviously because of the loss of
headers.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
Max