OT: Reject non local users with sendmail, help

Derek Catanzaro derek at adcatanzaro.com
Fri Oct 20 13:13:43 IST 2006

Res wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Derek Catanzaro wrote:
>
>> Does anyone out there have a working Reject non local users setup
>> using sendmail?  I have pulled all the recipient names via LDAP and
>> cannot find
>
> Sendmail does this by default, if its not told to relay for X then it
> wont.
>
> The first lines of your access file should be to relay for YOU and
> YOUR ip's, if that file does not exist it wont matter, it just wont
> relay.
>
> make sure your local-host-names file is OK.
Correct, sendmail will not relay for a domain that you do not allow and
this is working for me.  The subject line of this message is incorrect,
it should have read "RELAY" not reject.  My MailScanner/sendmail servers
relay to an internal Lotus Domino server.  I have compiled a list of
addresses that I want sendmail to relay to and if the adddress is not
listed I do not want sendmail to accept it.  Right now it accepts any
address that is sent to mydomain.com, hence the extra load.  MailScanner
is having to process a bunch of messages that are going to non existent
users in mydomain.com.

I have the list of receipients that I need to relay for I just need to
know how to tell sendmail to only relay to these users and drop the rest.

believed to be clean.