OT: How do you block servers sending oversize messages?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 19 23:59:28 IST 2006

Res spake the following on 10/19/2006 1:53 PM:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> something out of the country?
>
> What is the point of that? you lose immediate control and if things die,
> you have to wait/rely on unknown 3rd parties, some of the stories I've
> heard are typically  "it takes hours and hours to get them to get to it"
> and that without nameing them, includes some pretty big well known
> hosting companies in the U.S who try sucker people from all over the
> world to use them, which is why we never will place hardware offshore.

You are right. There is nothing like being able to drive to a colo and reset
your own server. I just remember Jim's comments from previous posts about
dealing with the communications carriers. And you don't have to go offshore to
have colocation outside of Zimbabwe. There is Botswana, Zambia, Mozambique,
and South Africa. I was just giving options for him and his users.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and