Issues with TNEF and Phishing Net options

Sattler, Tim tim.sattler at nordcapital.com
Thu Oct 19 16:33:53 IST 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> > The option "Use TNEF Contents = replace" does not work if also
"Deliver
> > Unparsable TNEF = yes" is set, i.e., the winmail.dat attachment will
be
> > delivered unchanged. However, if I set "Deliver Unparsable TNEF =
no",
> > the same winmail.dat attachment will be replaced with the files it
> > contains.
> >
> Err... How come the winmail.dat could be parsed to find the files it
> contains, when you say that the winmail.dat file was unparsable?

Let me try to clarify things: The winmail.dat that I used for testing is
definitely parsable. I can readily extract the files manually with tnef.

So if I set "Deliver Unparsable TNEF = no" and the winmail.dat will be
replaced, everything works just as one would expect.

However, if I set "Deliver Unparsable TNEF = yes", the winmail.dat will
_not_ be replaced, although this shouldn't make a difference as the
winmail.dat is parsable anyway.

Best regards
Tim