Spam.whitelist.rules to avoid scanning outbound messages. (Not just marking as whitelisted but still processing)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 19 16:29:46 IST 2006

Duncan, Brian M. spake the following on 10/19/2006 7:22 AM:
> I have been using the spam.whitelist.rules to avoid marking any of my
> outbound messages as Spam.
>
> I have:
>
> From:   IP yes
> From:   IP yes
>
> For each IP of the boxes behind the Mailscanner/SpamAssassin server that
> relay outbound through it.
>
> My question is, is there a way to keep MailScanner from even scanning
> these messages?  For all my outbound mail it lists it as being "white
> listed" and not Spam in the headers.  But it still scans them.  And then
> uses fuzzy ocr, and whatever other rules I have on outgoing mail server.
> It never marks ANYTHING as Spam so it is working.. but it still does the
> processing and lists all the rules that it failed, it just adds that
> it's white listed in there.
>
> Thanks
Do you have the option Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes ?
That will have that effect. You can use a ruleset here also. Just the same ip
addresses, but no instead of yes.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and