FuzzyOcr working but not via MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:22:51 IST 2006

On 19/10/06, Anthony Cartmell <ajcartmell at fonant.com> wrote:
> > I think you are on to something there Scott. I'll offer a guess...
> > Anthony, are you by any chance running Postfix?
>
> Nope, sendmail.

OK. Was just a thought:-).

> It seems to be a "search path" issue: MailScanner skips a lot of setup
> stuff that spamassassin does from the command line. From MailScanner, the
> whole /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003 directory was being missed and hence
> a whole load of default rules.

Are you running 3.1.3? I run 3.1.5 and have no such issues (I don't
have to set the MailScanner option, and it picks up/scores rules only
in files present in the update directory). Maybe you should upgrade
SA? If so, I can warmly recommend Jules excellent package:).

> FWIW, although I have all my .cf files being read now, FuzzyOcr still
> isn't being called. More investigation needed...

Updating SA might have something to do with this too... And resetting
to the normal MailScanner option... As it is now, any cf file in
/etc/mail/spamassassin isn't read, right?
Sort of like "the wrong fix to the right problem" or some such:-):-).
As usual, I might be blathering a load of garbage too:-).

--
-- Glenn