OT: need help installing FuzzyOCR

Arthur Sherman arturs at netvision.net.il
Wed Oct 18 18:30:17 IST 2006

I installed all packages on CentOS-4.4 (except for FuzzyOcr itself,
obviously) through either base yum, or CPAN, or through yum from DAG's
repository.

NetPBM and NetPBM-progs through yum;
ImageMagick-perl through yum; the package installed dependencies;
Libungif through yum;
Gocr through yum from DAG repo;
String::Approx, MLDBM, DB_File, Storable modules through CPAN;

>From FuzzyOCR INSTALL file:
---
2. Installing the plugin:

    2.1 Installing the required files

        Put the FuzzyOcr.cf and the FuzzyOcr.pm files into
/etc/mail/spamassassin.

        The FuzzyOcr.cf file already contains a line to load the plugin, if
        you want to put the .pm file in a different location, change this
line
        accordingly.

        Create a wordlist file, a sample wordlist is shipped with this
release,
        and put it also in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
---

It works well, up to now. I am still testing.
I have seen rpms needed for both Fedora/Redhat on DAG's repo - great one!

Hope it helps

Best,

--
Arthur Sherman