OT: need help installing FuzzyOCR

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Wed Oct 18 17:23:03 IST 2006

Arthur Sherman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the FuzzyOCR plugin to work with SpamAssassin on
> CentOS-4.4.
>
> It asks for ImageMagick installation, so I yummed for it and found a great
> deal of packages. I hesitate between ImageMagick.i386 and
> ImageMagick-perl.i386, while latter seems to be more appropriate.
>
> Is it right?
> May someone share some other tips for installing/configuring the plugin?

I have it installed on 3 servers and do not remember the requirement for
imagemagick!!

Anyways, here is a snippet from my doc (for centos 4.x).

yum install netpbm netpbm-devel netpbm-progs gtk+-devel libungif
libungif-devel libungif-progs
perl -MCPAN -eshell
	install String::Approx
mkdir /root/FuzzyOcrPlugin
cd /root/FuzzyOcrPlugin
wget http://jaist.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jocr/gocr-0.41.tar.gz
wget http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/jschulen/ocr/gocr-0.41-pgm.patch
tar xzf gocr-0.41.tar.gz
cd gocr-0.41
patch -p0 < ../gocr-0.41-pgm.patch
perl -e "s/^%configure --with-netpbm=no/%configure/g;" -pi gocr.spec
cd ..
tar czf gocr-0.41.custom.tar.gz gocr-0.41
rm -fr gocr-0.41
rpmbuild -ta gocr-0.41.custom.tar.gz
cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
rpm -ivh gocr-0.41-1.i386.rpm gocr-devel-0.41-1.i386.rpm
cd -
wget http://users.own-hero.net/~decoder/fuzzyocr/fuzzyocr-latest.tar.gz
tar xzf fuzzyocr-latest.tar.gz
cd Fuzzy*
mv FuzzyOcr.cf FuzzyOcr.pm /etc/mail/spamassassin
mv FuzzyOcr.words.sample /etc/mail/spamassassin/FuzzyOcr.words

Change FuzzyOcr.cf as required.. and test using 'sa --lint'

- dhawal