Bayes_toks.expire

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Oct 18 16:54:31 IST 2006

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com spake the following on 10/18/2006 7:54 AM:
> I've got a couple out of probably 20 mailscanner servers where the
> /etc/MailScanner/bayes directory just fills itself over time with
> bayes_toks.expireXXXX files.  They are updated to the latest mailscanner
> and clamav/sa packages.
>
> I can't find where these are configured differently than any of the
> others...
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
That server just might be timing out when the others aren't. Or it could be in
the position in MX order that it sees more spam. As it has failed a few times,
its bayes db is getting larger than the others, making the problem worse. You
could try to do a manual bayes expire so it can "catch up" to the other
servers, or shorten its time between expiry runs.

The easiest way to check for differences would be to diff the config files
from it and another server and look for things that should be the same.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and