OT: Preferred MTA?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Oct 18 15:55:54 IST 2006

Pentland G. a écrit :
> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>
>> Glenn Steen a écrit :

>>> Capable but not that cheap:-).
>>> How do you loadbalance now?
>>>

>> Using DNS round-robin... :-(
>>

> Why? What for?
>
> MX records (if you have more than at the same priority) will load balance anyway, I guess it is sort of a round robin.
>
> You could deliberately have one at a lower priority, that would tend to attract spam and hence genuine mail would be on slightly less loaded servers.
>
> Gary

That's the MX trick I was referring to as round-robin.  I had 3 servers
at same priority.  Turns out that we got so much spam attacks in the
last few days, that I decided to turn one to a lower priority so it
would attract spammers.  Hope this works does the trick.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste