whitelist a file from the content scanner

Simon Annetts simon at ateb.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 14:55:36 IST 2006

Hi,
I need to be able to stop mailscanner from virus checking and filetype
detecting a particular filename so that our support team can send
updates via email. The file will always be called (for example only:)
update.zip and may contain .exe and other type files that are normally
banned.

At the moment mailscanner always rejects the file and quarantines it
because it is in the banned filetypes list. If I exempt .zip files or
specifically update.zip then mailscanner proceeds to unpack the file and
quarantine any files inside which also are banned. This is all good
stuff as far as mailscanner doing its job, but I want this file to pass
through mailscanner completely untouched/unchecked. I want to exempt
this file name from all checks,  - spam virus content and filetype.

Is this possible???
Best Regards
Simon