Upgrading MailScanner to latest and greats with Postfix

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Oct 18 10:11:09 IST 2006

On Wed, October 18, 2006 09:43, Peter Russell wrote:

>> In a word, no. In slightly more verbose, nope :-)
>>
>> I am awaiting a future release that is supposed to implement message
>> body amendment via milter that is supposed to break everything from the
>> microwave to MailScanner but you are safe for the time being.
>>
>> Assuming you have installed from port just portupgrade Postfix and
>> rebuild from the port (cd /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner make && make
>> deinstall && make install) MailScanner will see you good to go and
>> preserve your configs. Diff the new MailScanner.conf from the old one,
>> change as required and you are back up and running in 20 minutes.
>
> I am still running 2.1.5 - i think i need to upgrade to 2.3 - my
> mailscanner is up to date. I cant keep up with the changes of postfix -
> is something broken in the latest version i should steer clear of? To
> upgrade from source, run the normal sopurce installs and keep a backup
> of my main.cf - my transport, recipient, access, relay_domain maps will
> continue to work fine?

No, nothing broken. It works just fine. Yup, just keep copies of your
configs and lob them back in. Start Postfix and tail your maillog. There
are a couple of changes particularly under smtpd_ options. They are pretty
minor and I can't remember exactly but your logs will certainly tell you.
Just look up the correct syntax option here
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Drew