OT: Preferred MTA?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 09:02:19 IST 2006

On 17/10/06, Denis Beauchemin <Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:
> Glenn Steen a écrit :

> >> front
> >>
> >> Really can't comment but I would be interested to hear others
> >> thoughts too.
> >>
> > Capable but not that cheap:-).
> > How do you loadbalance now?
> >
> Using DNS round-robin... :-(
Ok... Well, last I looked (not that recently, but then... not more
than a year or so ago:-) they could do all sorts of clever things
(including a "smarter RR"... Memory fails me on the details). At the
time, the PHB balked at the priice though:)... And then the need (in
our organization) ... dissipated...

I'm certain you can get gear (or buld something clever yourself) at
half the cost or less... The question you need ask yourself is "is it
worth the extra time/hassle?" ... If your network guys are comfy with
Cisco, that would be a big factor for using their gear too.
I'm not current on the competition though. I'm certain someone else
will jump in with details about that (and more "in-depth" on ciscos
gear) though:-).

--
-- Glenn