Found 385 messages waiting

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 17 23:04:00 IST 2006

Michael Masse spake the following on 10/17/2006 10:30 AM:

>> Do all of the messages in the queue have matching df/qf pairs?
>>

> Not to hijack this thread, but what does it mean if you end up with unmatched pairs that start accumilating?      For instance, I notice I get about 2 - 3 df files per week with no corresponding qf file in my incoming folder that never go away unless I manually delete them.  I have posix style locking, but don't know where else to look to troubleshoot.
>
> Mike

You can get them if a connection gets dropped during the data phase of the
mail exchange. They are also a symptom of bad locking, and probably have other
causes. 2 or 3 a week is not that bad. You can search the maillog with that
queue ID and see what happened.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and