Increased SPAM getting through

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Tue Oct 17 16:45:44 IST 2006

Ryan Pitt wrote:
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
>> nope.
>>
>> have you got any of the SARE/fred etc rules installed from
>> www.rulesemporium.com
>>
>> have you got razar2/dcc running?
>>
>> have you got the network tests running so the URI-RBL rules happen?
> Martin,
>
> Please forgive the ignorance.  We are also experiencing high volumes of
> spam, specifically image type spam.
> How do we check if razar2, DCC and network tests are running?
>
> Thanks
> Ryan

if running SA < 3.1.6 then spamassassin -D --lint will show you.

also see if you can drop unknown users on the inbound MTA (there's
recipes in the wiki giving examples for sendmail, postfix and exim).
You'll prob find you drop well ober 60% of your connections via that method.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.