Found 385 messages waiting

Martin Hepworth martinh at solidstatelogic.com
Tue Oct 17 15:37:59 IST 2006

Mevershosting.nl wrote:
> they are not all scanned by other children, If seen this as well with
> 1000 mails in the queue.in
> with 20 kids it could only scan 600 but alot of kids..scan less then 30
>
> I think it has something to do with the problem i mentioned earlier,
> about mails staying in the mqueue.in
> one of the file qf or df stays behind..
>
> Richard
> Mevers

Mevers

make sure you're lock type in MailScaner.conf is correct. This is quite
a common problem esp is you're running sendmail 8.12 (or earlier) and
have upgraded recently.

The default for sendmail changed to be posix as the majority of users
use sendmail 8.13 rather than flock which sendmail 8.12 and previous use.

ie

sendmail 8.12 Lock Type should be flock
sendmail 8.13 Lock Type should be posix.

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator

the system manager.