OT: Preferred MTA?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 08:30:48 IST 2006

On 16/10/06, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:

> >> Is there a simple way to split message to multiple recipients individual
> >> emails, yet? Do you think there ever will be?
> >>
> >> What is everyone else doing to avoid this nightmare?
> > If you deem my wiki entry to be to "nightmarish", then I cannot help
> > you. If you've just missed it, go look at
> > http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
> >
> > ... It looks worse than it is;-).
> >
> > Do pay attention to the changes needed to not unintentionally
> > whitelisting _every mail_ (you cannot whitelist 127.0.0.1 with
> > this...), and the different solutions for releasing mails.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Thanks Glen. I have considered this approach, but i think that the
> reward Vs the risk of the extra level of complexity isnt worth it, for
> me specifically. I like the idea of a content filter to handle this,
> which according to the devs is a simple thing to do, if you know how. It
> would be ideal because it would be compatible with the single instance
> of postfix using the hold method.
>
> Thanks again
> Pete

Well, the impact would probably be rather similar, any which way you do it:-).

I do have some ideas on how to combine the multiple transport/header
checks into one instance of PF, but ... have so far lacked both time
and incentive to do something like that. We'll see if I can find some
time to play with it ... probably not before the weekend (when we'll
be revamping our LAN... The times when a highly educated admin gets to
become a cable grunt/monkey... Sigh:-).

--
-- Glenn