OT: sendmail: possible SMTP attack??

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Oct 17 03:10:08 IST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I've been seeing a ton of "possible SMTP attack" syslog messages
> from sendmail for the last couple of days, from all over the
> place (mostly Isreal and Brazil).  Normally, I almost never see
> this message from sendmail.  Anybody else seeing this?  New
> email virus???  Any other ideas?

Is this not the right time of the year for the annual hackers fest ? :)
I think it is, so the lil script kiddies are prolly up to no good.
the two countries you mention are the most common starting grounds for it.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd