DCC & lint issue

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Oct 16 20:48:25 IST 2006

Matt Kettler wrote:

> DCC is disabled by default in the 3.1.x series due to not-completely-free
> licensing. Most folks just using DCC can do so for free. However, there are a
> few restrictions, such as any local server MUST also report to the global DCC or
> you're in violation. Because of that, SA doesn't call DCC by default, forcing
> you to at least decide that you conform to DCC's licensing terms before enabling it.
>

> You'll need to uncomment the following line in v310.pre:
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

Clarification Note/disclaimer: The above is NOT intended to be an all-inclusive
interpretation of the DCC licensing terms, and was merely an example of one
restriction.

You should read the license yourself. I suggest reading the whole thing, but pay
particular attention to the first paragraph, as this lists situations that are
excluded from the terms of the license:

http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/LICENSE