DCC & lint issue

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Oct 16 20:32:48 IST 2006

Kevin Miller wrote:
> So this is weird.  Came in this weekend and found the following message:

<snuo>

> Killed MailScanner (4.55.9), ran #spamassassin --lint -D and sure
> enough, it complained.
>  snip
>  [19980] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
> /usr/local/bin/dccproc
>  snip
>  [19980] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled
> for more information

<snip>

> mxg:/etc/MailScanner # spamassassin -V
> SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
>   running on Perl version 5.8.6
>
> Anybody else seeing this?  I upgraded spamassassin last week, didn't
> change any dcc stuff.  Any clues?

Did you load the DCC plugin in your /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre?

DCC is disabled by default in the 3.1.x series due to not-completely-free
licensing. Most folks just using DCC can do so for free. However, there are a
few restrictions, such as any local server MUST also report to the global DCC or
you're in violation. Because of that, SA doesn't call DCC by default, forcing
you to at least decide that you conform to DCC's licensing terms before enabling it.

You'll need to uncomment the following line in v310.pre:
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC