Greylisting .. recommendations

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Mon Oct 16 18:50:16 IST 2006

Rob Poe wrote:
> Thinking about implementing greylisting.
>
> Who's greylisting programs / software does everyone use?
>
> I don't mind if it uses mySQL or whatever, but I need to be able to add whitelisted domains fairly easily..

I use milter-greylist. The ACL syntax is quite nice.

In the newer betas you can even greylist based on RBLs, and default to not
greylisting.

While this might seem an odd setup, think of how this could let you use RBLs
that are too aggressive for blacklisting, while not causing a lot of mail delay
for legitimate mail.