Phishing & MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from ...

MJ Thomas mjthomas at thinkmcmillan.com
Fri Oct 13 16:39:57 IST 2006

Hi,

I have reviewed the MailScanner documentation and some of the support lists,
but I can't find an answer to my question.

I am deploying an enewsletter for our client using 3rd party email
deployment software.  In order to track links, the email deployment software
wraps the original HTTP links within a different URL.  For example:

http://dcm5.com/t?ctl=7445D:9D6302" target=_blank>www.thinkmcmillan.com</a>

For links like  <BLOCKED::http://www.thinkmcmillan.com>
www.thinkmcmillan.com, the following message is displayed when the email is
deployed to those email addresses who use MailScanner: MailScanner has
detected a possible fraud attempt from "dcm5.com" claiming to be
<BLOCKED::http://www.thinkmcmillan.com> www.thinkmcmillan.com.

Does MailScanner have a recommendation on how to handle legitimate wrappers
that are used for tracking purposes?  Is there some way of associating
dcm5.com and bridgewatersystems.com so MailScanner does not flag this link
as a possible fraud attempt?

Thanks,

=========================
MJ Thomas

Technical Projects Lead
McMillan
T 613-789-1234 x296
mjthomas at thinkmcmillan.com
thinkmcmillan.com

Agency-Client Confidential Information
solely for the use of the named addressee. If you have received this email
in error you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy it; please notify
the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.
Please check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
McMillan accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.