Logwatch Update

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Fri Oct 13 14:55:56 IST 2006

Hi Mike,

 > > We keep a mirror here http://logwatch.vanderkooij.org/
 > >
 > > No idea what is going on with logwatch.org site seems down
 > > [so is cvs access so I suspect somthing bad  ;)  ]

 >I caught the above on the MailScanner list - but it looks as though the
 >FTP site is down, so I guess you aren't wrong in your suspicion of
 >"something bad". Do you know if 7.3.1 is available for download
 >elsewhere? All roads seem to lead back to ftp.kaybee.org which is
 >unresponsive.

  It's been down for a week plus now with no response. Time to start plan B I
guess. I have the all the code in my CVS so I'll just roll a new RPM and post
it. For now I can post the tarball which does have an install script [which
works for most Unix but it has some issuess on AIX and HP_UX which, no suprises
since it is using install] So if you are not RPM based grab the tarball and use
the install_logwatch.sh. If you want to wait for the RPM I'll try to pull it
together today.

http://www.stellarcore.net/downloads/logwatch-7.3.1.tar.gz